Writing to Have an Impact
Having an Outside Impact
• How many studies are enough?
• Write for surprising impact
• Position alongside a larger theme
• Develop a research impact matrix
• Estimate your citations in 10 years
• Get started in boundary research
• Avoid career regrets
Get Your Research Written
1. Block out regular time
2. Engage with stuff that stimulates thinking + writing.
3. Be vigilant about the ways in which you waste time.
4. Use deadlines that work.
5. Beware the time-sucks that masquerade as researchresearchwhisperer.org/2011/09/06/time-for-research/.
Finish Your Journal Article
How to Get it Done
Useful Tweets for Getting Research Finished